Experience The Power of Bicycles
Africa Rides offers an exclusive opportunity to connect with World Bicycle Relief recipients while experiencing the spirit of ingenuity and hope that comes with a bicycle. During this nine-day adventure you will partner with assemblers to build your own bike which you will then ride alongside entrepreneurs, healthcare workers, and students as you learn their stories and see the profound impact two wheels can make in rural Zambia. This unparalleled access paired with a world class safari excursion provides a truly life changing experience you will cherish forever.
*Limited Spots Available
May 17-25, 2014
- Build a World Bicycle Relief bike with a local assembler
- Ride the bicycle you built alongside a healthcare worker to visit their patients
- Learn how bicycles are being used to create thriving businesses in rural Zambia
- Experience a one-of-kind distribution ceremony at a local school
- Witness the difference a bicycle makes for a girl student as you journey with her to and from school
- Discover the beauty of Africa with a safari adventure at the close of your trip
In the News
Warren Rossiter of Cycling Plus recounts his adventures during Africa Rides 2010, The Los Angeles Times praises the trips for their unique "Voluntourism" experience rarely found in travel packages and The Chicago Journal features the story of Africa Rides 2011 participant June Kirchgatter.
“Words can’t do justice to the impact of this experience. It sounded so simple before the trip, "The Power of Bicycles"... but to see how it changes a child's life, expands a caregivers reach and empowers entrepreneurs - I am a believer! I felt so blessed to be a part of it.” - Amy Lewis, July 2012 Africa Rides Participant
“When you give good people good tools, they can do great things.” - The Fat Cyclist, May 2012 Africa Rides Participant